win32print how to lower cpu load?

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sun Nov 30 18:45:36 EST 2003

Emile van Sebille wrote:

> Guy Robinson:
>
>>I've got this working print queue monitor and currently it checks
>
> the
>
>>queues every 1 second. I'm worried that I might miss events if I set
>>the delay to more than this. Particularly as I would like to perform
>>functions depending on status codes.
>

> You could pause all the printers, live with the one second delay, and
> selectively release jobs for printing and deletion.

Or maybe arrange for all jobs to be placed in the queue in a "paused"
state, and have your monitor release the jobs?

Either way, for the OP, the general solution to this kind of question is
to find the best solution in *any* language.  Most often, you will find
sample code in either VB or C++ - often from MS - but it can generally
be ported to Python fairly easily once you understand exactly what you
are trying to do.

Mark.