Compiling Python extensions for different Python installation

John Ky johnk at aurema.commercial
Sun Nov 23 19:32:33 EST 2003

Hello:

I have a machine that already has Python 2.2 installed.
Since I do not have root access to the machine, I have
installed Python 2.3 from source to my own private
directory.  I can use this fine.  When I build my own
C module extension and try to run it from Python 2.3
however, I get this message:

/test-wrk/test_manager/commonlib.py:12: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version
mismatch for module elxml: This Python has API version 1012, module elxml
has version 1011.

Could this be because the compilation was made against
2.2 and run from 2.3?  If so, is there a way to force
my module compilation against 2.3?

Thanks

-John