Unicode output to file

Philippe Mougin firi_mu at fjcl.fujitsu.com
Sun Nov 30 20:43:17 EST 2003

Hi Eugine,

As is stated in the PEP page given in the error message, you need to add
these 2 comment lines at the beginning of your source code is using an
encoding different from ASCII (starting from Python 2.3):

#!/usr/bin/python
# -*- coding: <encoding name> -*-

So in your case, I presume you should use something like :

#!/usr/bin/python
# -*- coding: cp855 -*-
f = file("content.new", "wb")

Cheers,