tkinter window geometry

Zora Honey zhoney at wildmail.com
Fri Nov 21 12:01:21 EST 2003

I realized after I posted that the window manager would be important.
I'm on RedHat 7.1, KDE 3.0.

Neither the switch to getting the geometry through the geometry call or
doing an update_idletasks (which I had tried before posting) works on
their own, but together they seem to be working.  Apparently I just
didn't hit on the right combination.

Now, if someone can tell me how I can get this to work on a Toplevel
without having the window manager flash the "default" geometry and then
redrawing it with my specified geometry, I would be a very happy camper.

Thanks,
Zora

P.S. To Eric Brunel--thanks for your other fixes.  The "real" code does
check for a file and specify an exception--this was just a copy pared
down enough for posting :)  I will take the root.quit() under
advisement.  Can you explain why it is "better" than just exiting the
process?