pypaq: Python for Linux handhelds

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Thu Nov 13 16:45:27 EST 2003

I've released Familiar v0.7.2.  Familiar is a Linux distribution for
the Compaq/HP iPAQ series of handhelds.  Familiar by itself comes with
no GUI.  On top of it have been Opie, derived from Qtopia (most often
seen on the Sharp Zaurus), and GPE, a set of programs based on the gtk
toolkit running over X11R6.

With the v0.7.2 release, I've put together a special 'pypaq'
distribution.  It has the base features of GPE (stroke recognition,
virtual keyboard, sysadmin GUI controls), Python, and pygtk.  With
this set of files, a programmer can write a GUI program in Python on
their handheld.

Get it at http://familiar.handhelds.org/releases/v0.7.2/

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | Can I recommend python?
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | Just a thought.