2 different python versions / how to install packages?

Logan logan at phreaker.nospam
Fri Nov 21 16:41:45 EST 2003

I have two different Python versions on my Linux system
(2.2 and 2.3). I cannot remove version 2.2 because many
configuration files of the system depend on this version
of Python (and its extensions).

Now I want to install extension packages for Python 2.3;
if the package is distributed via Distutils, this is no
problem: 'python2.3 setup.py install' will do the job (i.e.
put everything in the 'site-packages' folder of Python 2.3).

But how do I e.g. install PyGtk etc. etc. for my second
Python version (2.3)???

--
mailto: logan at phreaker(NoSpam).net