Prepatory snapshot before Distutils 1.1

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Sun Nov 9 14:54:23 EST 2003

I want to make a Distutils 1.1 release that wraps up the version of the code
that was in Python 2.3.  This would be the last 1.5.2-compatible release of
Distutils, giving people the chance to use the current code with versions of
Python from 1.5.2 to 2.3.  A future Distutils 2.0 would then drop 1.5.2
compatibility.

The README and related bits have been updated, and I've made a snapshot
release that can be downloaded from
        http://www.python.org/sigs/distutils-sig/files/

Please try it out, especially with older versions of Python, please do and
report any problems.  If no bugs turn up, the snapshot will become the
Distutils 1.1 final release.

--amk