Bug in glob.glob for files w/o extentions in Windows

Jules Dubois bogus at invalid.tld
Sun Nov 30 03:27:30 EST 2003

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 06:18:36 GMT, in article
<news:0Zfyb.48050$dl.2119318 at twister.southeast.rr.com>, Georgy Pruss wrote:

> "Jules Dubois" <bogus at invalid.tld> wrote in message news:nj2k03e19clm$.uctj11fclu96$.dlg at 40tude.net...
>| On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 03:47:38 GMT, in article
>|
> C'mon guys, I don't care if it's FAT, NTFS, Windows, Linux, VMS or whatever.
> All I wanted was to get files w/o dots in their names (on my computer :)).

I was just pointing out the reason for the behavior.

>|   dir /b *
>|
>| does cmd.exe list only files without extensions?
>
> By definition it's the same as *.* if my memory serves me right.

I'm sure ".*" was the same as "*.*".  Win2k's cmd.exe won't run under Wine,
so I couldn't test "*".

>| No, it's proper behavior.  It's Windows that's (still) screwy.
>
> Show the world a perfect OS and you'll be a billionaire.

We agree, then, that every operating system has its good points and its bad
points.  (I guess we don't agree on whether "*." should or shouldn't match
files without periods in their name.)