best Wx editor

Wald arnout.standaert at n-o-s-p-a-m.cit.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Nov 21 04:04:37 EST 2003

Derrick 'dman' Hudson <dman at dman13.dyndns.org> wrote:
> For coding, UNIX is the best :-).  (vim as editor, cvs for
> source control, python for execution, ls/cp/mv/grep/<etc.> for
> file management, you get the picture)

Not that I'm an anti-Unix/Linux person, but the tools you mention are
equally available for other platforms, including Windows.

VIM:
 http://www.vim.org/download.php#pc

CVS:
 http://www.cvsnt.org/
 http://www.tortoisecvs.org/
 http://www.wincvs.org/

Python:
 http://www.python.org/
 http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePython/

ls/cp/mv/grep/...
 http://www.cygwin.org/

Well, anyway, just wanted to point that out. Other than that,
Unix/Linux is a bloody great platform. I'm in the process of learning
to use it (Debian) and I love its transparency. If it wasn't for
specific software, I would have a single-boot Linux system.

Regards,
Wald