PythonWin IDE doesn't save all project files??

Glenn Reed dont_use at nowhere.com
Sat Nov 29 20:01:06 EST 2003

Hi,

Someone might be able to help me with this.  If I am using PythonWin (as
part of the ActiveState Python distribution) (lastest release 2.2) and have
two files in the editor window.

---- module1.py --------
class module1:
    def __init__(self):
        self.x=23
        self.y=14
        self.z=33
        self.x1=self.x

---- tmod.py ----
# Test Module
import module1

thisClass = module1.module1()
print thisClass.x

------------------------

and then I run this script tmod.py I get the correct answer 23

However if I then go back and change the value of the variable in module1.py
and change 'self.x=23' to 'self.x=45' and run the tmod.py script again I
still get the answer 23.  I click the "save all files"  icon which is a
picture of 3 floppy disks and run the tmod.py again and I still get 23.  If
I exit PythonWin and start it again and load the same scripts I get the
correct answer 45.  I have tried closing and reopening the module1.py source
file but nothing helps until I restart PythonWin.
Does anyone know what is happening here?

Thanks in advance.

Glenn.