Looking for an http proxy server written in Python

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 19 16:01:16 EST 2003

Chris Gray wrote:
> Your resource page is very helpful and your "Why" section explains
> exactly why I'm interested in this.  At first blush it looks like
> httpMonitor is most in line with what I'm planning, namely, the
> ability to do arbitrary processing on requests and responses.

I've tried to make the page a little more useful now, by adding
freshness dates, and a better overview of the features offered by the
various proxies.

http://www.xhaus.com/alan/python/proxies.html

> That's why I specified production-quality and HTTP/1.1 compliance.  If I
> could just find a proxy server that forwarded requests and responses
> seamlessly, I'd be happy.

FWIW, I mostly run a very simple proxy, derived from Suzuki Hisao's
Tiny proxy, to do protocol and resource logging, which I need when I'm
doing functional and load testing. I store the output in python
syntax, to be fed straight back into a python program. One of these
days I might clean it up a little and release it.

If you have any comments about the page, I'd be happy to hear them.

One of these days, I'm going to a full-on software review of the
proxies for a variety of different purposes. Content filtering and
blocking seems to be much in demand.

regards,

--
alan kennedy