Unicode Hell

Stuart stuartf at the-i-junction.com
Fri Nov 7 02:45:30 EST 2003

I'm trying to do something seemingly easy yet it is proving incredibly
frustrating.  Perhaps it is due to my relatively new acquaintance with
Python.  In a web environment (ASP with python scripting) I have one form
posting information to another form.  The contents of the posting variable
(lets call it cVal1 for simplicity) is non ascii characters, lets say éêëìû
for example.

On the second page a simple:

cVal1 = Request("cVal1 ")

Response.Write(cVal1)

Writes the values to the screen correctly.

What I really want to do is replace a field place holder with those values.

So if we have a string

cReplaceString = "I want to replace #here#"

I'd like to replace the #here# with the values of a (or éêëìû)

Please help

Regards

Stuart