PyQt, Qt, Windows and Linux

Bryan belred1 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 16 19:24:14 EST 2003

> Programming is a hobby for me and I want to write Win32 GUI programs using PyQt but don't want to be
> the only one who can enjoy my programs. Specifically, I am writing a numberology program in Python
> that I wrote many years ago using VB6  and want to use PyQt and Qt for the GUI design. It seems that
> Qt is the only platform which uses Tab Widgets. I couldn't find anything like that in wxPython (I
> need multiple tabs) and Qt has a QTab Widget that works perfectly.
>
> Than you for the help. I really want to get BlackAdder but don't want to buy it just to be
> disappointed later.

jim,

i clicked on the screenshots at the wxPython website and just about every screenshot uses a tab widget and they all look
really nice:
http://www.wxpython.org/screenshots.php

wxWindows/wxPython includes a wxNotepad which is belive is what you are calling a tab widget.

wxPython has wxNotebook, wxNotebook event and wxNotebook Sizer classes.  there's an nice example in the wxPython demo
and the source code looks very easy to use.  the look and feel is what you would expect on windows.

here's a link to an alphabetical listing of the classes.
http://www.lpthe.jussieu.fr/~zeitlin/wxWindows/docs/wxwin27.htm#classref

bryan