simple echo server

Irmen de Jong irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 2 13:20:11 EST 2003

Haris Bogdanovic wrote:

> It works for me fine too, when client and server execute on the same
> computer (mine) but I get "access denied" error when I put server.py on
> my free telnet account ("m-net.arbornet.org").
> Is that the place where I should put server.py if I want to implement
> chess server or is there some other common place where servers are put ?

It looks to me that you are behind a firewall on your 'telnet account',
i.e. you cannot access the necessary socket port(s).
Usually only a few sockets are 'open' to the outside world. Try
setting up your server to use one of these 'open' sockets or change
the firewall configuration.

--Irmen