new guy

Ron Adam radam2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Nov 18 12:58:27 EST 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:03:50 -0000, "nards_collective"
<nards_collective at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>I'm new to Python, in fact I'm new to programming. I'm trying to write
>a simulation program, for a biology class I'm teaching next year. the
>following code is giving me trouble and i can't work out why.
>
>	if e>= 1 :
>		a=e
>	else :
>		a=0
>

>I keep getting a syntax error.
>This piece of code is meant to keep the value of a equal to or grater
>than 0. Any odeas would be appreciated.
>
>THAnkS
>NArDS

1.  Check that you didn't type "If" instead of 'if',  or "Else"
instead of "else".

2.  Look at the line above the if statement, it may be the actual line
with the error in it.    Tt may be missing a ending quote, bracket, or
parentheses,  or be incomplete in some other way.

_Ronald Adam