Why should input(prompt="hello:") fail?

Paul Metzer pmetzger at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 24 12:12:54 EST 2003

Input is for gathering user input.

Something like:
 d = Input('enter your data:')

It will then ask the user for the data and pause and then set the data
to what ever variable you give it. In this case d. if you did a print d
you would then echo what you entered in. To answer your question, the
problem is the "prompt=". It's taking that as a keyword, which input
just doesn't have need for, since it's just there to take user input in
a console app.

If you are new to python, I would highly recommend you picking up a copy
of the python 2.1 bible. It's not the cheapest book in the world, but
it's a really good place to start. Not to mention it's the only book I
have found that has anything at all on wxPython.

"Seek for the Sword that was broken:
 In Imladris it dwells;
 There shall be counsels taken
 Stronger than Morgul spells.