Tkinter widget that functions like Explorer "Details" mode?

Logan logan at phreaker.nospam
Sat Nov 22 12:40:00 EST 2003

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 19:40:12 -0500, Douglas Alan wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a widget for Tkinter available somewhere
> that implements something like the Microsoft Explorer View->Details
> mode, or the Apple iTunes track browser, or the Nautilus View as List
> mode?  I.e., rows and colums of text, where the column widths can be
> adjusted by the user, and the user can click on a column header to
> sort the rows by that column?  Thanks.

At least among the 'standard' Tk widgets, there is no such widget.

There are some extensions for Tk, but I doubt that you will find
such a widget. Normally, Tk widgets are very 'basic' (maybe the
file dialogs are an exception to this rule) but nevertheless quite
powerful (see e.g. the Text widget).

I think, you have to write such a widget yourself (which is in fact
not so difficult - except for the 'adjustment of the column width').

L.

--
mailto: logan at phreaker(NoSpam).net