sox on linux (with os.spawn***)

Ryan Morillo srart at operamail.com
Sat May 10 02:11:10 EDT 2003

I seem to be using the wrong thing to open a program for non-blocking and
waiting to finish up a list of files to process.

Umm, let me try an example here
%sox ~/Music/Americana/Cracker/Cracker/What_The*.ogg -r 43953 -t ossdsp
/dev/dsp& #works exactly like I want, but lot of typing, and only one at a
time.

>>> os.spawnvp(os.P_NOWAIT, play, songlist) #works, but missing -r 43953
>>> and dosen't bg
>>> os.spawnvp(os.P_NOWAIT, sox, songlist) #needs the entire -r 43953 -t
>>> ossdsp /dev/dsp&
execl is no good since I'm trying to make a list of files go, and I can't
figure out a way to get os.system to do it either.
Anyone with a good answear is welcome to write and tell me how retardar I
am since I should be using Bar.Foo to do what I want and pass mid stream
arguments.

If anyone understood my ramblings, please send me some kind of hint.
Thanks.