[Q]:Generate Unique ID's

Yan Weng yweng at cs.uoregon.edu
Sat May 24 22:44:21 EDT 2003

well, MAC address is unique. It depends on the ethernet card, which is
unique. So the location is unique.
Since you can't stand in the "same" river at different time, the "MAC
address + time" gives you unique ID.
For this situation, we must use the accurate time.

And if I am not wrong, this is the mechanism by which Microsoft creates
unique COM ID.

news:7xy90vj1st.fsf at ruckus.brouhaha.com...