Newbie Question: How To Send Text Over Ethernet?

Irmen de Jong irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl
Fri May 9 12:25:07 EDT 2003

John Branthoover wrote:
>       Sorry for the missing information. I want to send simple text messages
> between two PCs using the TCP/IP protocol. The data or text does not need to
> be secure and both PC's will always be on. I was looking for something very
> simple. I am running Python 1.5.2. The example that I am looking for does
> not necessary have to be written in that version.

Python 1.5.2 would be a bit of trouble, because thats a very
old version. But, read on.

>        Also, you were speaking of an example in the Python documentation,
> what version were you referring to?

No not in the docs, although you might want to read

http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-socket.html

What I was talking about were some examples in the *source distribution*
available on the www.python.org site (menu "Download").
Python 1.5.2 is still available, although I strongly suggest you
use Python 2.2.2 (the current stable version).

--Irmen de Jong