Python and Databases

Jorge Godoy godoy at metalab.unc.edu
Mon May 19 19:14:48 EDT 2003

"Geraldo Lopes de souza" <precisa at uai.com.br> writes:

> This is too much layers for me. I live in Brazil, and here machine
> power is still a problem . (the tipical client in my work is a AMD
> K6)

I'm also in .br... If you can't spend money on a server to handle
several connections, I'm sorry, your application will suffer a lot in
any language and with any approach. The client won't have to process
too much --- it will if you're using SQL the wrong way, though...

The use of something like ADODB (or the Perl equivalent DBI) would not
add much overhead. You'd have to learn only one "interface" and you'd
be able to connect to each and every database system out there.

I miss it in Python. A lot. But, it isn't forbidding me to use it.

--
Godoy.      <godoy at metalab.unc.edu>

Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.