Learning Python, Second Edition?

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Mon May 12 12:22:51 EDT 2003

Hamish Lawson wrote:

> Amazon.com is listing "Learning Python, Second Edition" with a publication
> date of July 2003.
>
>      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0596002815/
>
> Any more information?

I've been a technical reviewer for that second edition -- I don't know
anything about the publication date, but, if Lutz and Ascher have done as
good a job responding to technical reviewers' observations as they did
updating the text in the first place, I can vouch that the second edition
will be as helpful for learning Python 2.2 as the first was for 1.5.2 (i.e.,
in my own humble opinion, VERY helpful -- of course, I'm biased, because
the first edition was, essentially, how *I* learned Python at the start;-).

Alex