Passing indented code to compile()

John Wilson tug at wilson.co.uk
Wed May 7 11:05:39 EDT 2003

That's certainly one way to do it.

Personally I prefer my way :-)

I really think you are on pretty shaky ground claiming that the whitespace
is not semantically significant. The XML spec doesn't support your assertion
at all as far as I can see. An XML parser has to be very careful to pass all
the whitespace to the application unless it's validating the document
against a DTD and then it can throw a limited amount away in special
circumstances.

One has similar problems when marking up poetry.

John Wilson
The Wilson Partnership
http://www.wilson.co.uk