Gui Advice Needed: wxPython or PyQT ?

offer at sgi.com offer at sgi.com
Thu May 8 19:57:58 EDT 2003

$ from phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk -#259084 | sed "1,$s/^/> /"

>I hope that it will be officially supported when SIP v4 is released (SIP being
>the tool that generates the bindings) which is a month or two (or three) away
>at the moment.

Okay.

I'm assuming that the cost will be the same as it is on Windows ? Count me in.

Can you explain

	The right to distribute the required PyQt modules and QScintilla
	library with your applications so long as the users of those
	applications do not themselves have direct access to PyQt.

I'm assuming that you mean that an application cannot provide an extension
mechanism for itself, if that mechanism includes/requires access to PyQt ?

However for a Python script that simply used PyQt to put up a dialog and
was not extensible it would be okay to distribute the PyQt modules ?

>Phil

richard.

Richard Offer                         Technical Lead, Trust Technology.
"Specialization is for insects"