List Running Programs under Windows

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Sun May 18 08:29:31 EDT 2003

Joe Aspelund wrote:

>> I am programming for Windows (Windows XP more specifically) and I am
>> trying to genrate a list of the currently running programs.

and

> I have tryed win32all but the ShowAllProcesses doesn't work
> Have used this code
>
> and everytime I get this error message:
>
> [traceback deleted]

Hmm, works fine for me on Win 2K Professional and python 2.3a2 with
win32all-153.

Have you got the right win32all installed for your interpreter version?
(although I think the win32all installer won't let you mismatch
versions.)

Perhaps the PDH stuff doesn't work on XP? Do you have other versions of
Windows available that you can try it on? Maybe the following MS link
might shed some light?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B330259

Or perhaps this is a specific problem that someone else in the group
knows about?

Or maybe you would be better off using WMI after all? :-)

Regards,

alan kennedy