Another Windows zipfile encoding problem, with patch

Vepxistqaosani vepxistqaosani at netscape.net
Sun May 4 22:04:03 EDT 2003

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> Vepxistqaosani wrote:
>

>>Ideally, I suppose, there would be a more robust solution involving an
>>encoding. Any suggestions?
>

> Who created this zipfile? What was the value of fname, and what the
> value of data.filename?

I created it in June 2000 using some command-line version of pkzip (I've
always been allergic to WinZip); almost certainly v. 2.50.

The error message zipfile.py gives is
'File name in directory "SendTo/3½ Floppy (A).lnk" and header "SendTo/3+
Floppy (A).lnk" differ.'
The former string is data.filename; the latter, fname -- and '+' is a
DOS high-bit character, hex BD (a single horizontal bottom rule abutting
a double vertical right rule).

Thanks!
Fred Bartlett