HELP needed: Tricks for licensing Python software

Max Khesin max at cNOvSisiPonAtecMh.com
Thu May 22 13:45:43 EDT 2003

> Since he's already said it better than I can...
>
>     Here's my message to the record industry and its allies:
>     I'm not a thief.  I'm a customer.  When you treat me like a
>     thief, I won't be your customer.  -- Dan Gillmor

I appreciate the sentiment, but it is meaningless without numbers. It is
true that copy-protection offends some honest people, but the numbers I
heard seem to indicate (unless you have data to prove the opposite) that
copy protection is economically advantageous in many instances. Honest
people will just have to get over it :). Of course, the more transparent the
copy protection system is, the better (potential) customer reaction can be
expected.
max.