Date type

Robin Munn rmunn at pobox.com
Wed May 21 16:56:18 EDT 2003

Batista, Facundo <FBatista at uniFON.com.ar> wrote:
> #-     Batista,> I need a "date type" and I can´t find it
> #- anywhere.  With
> #-     Batista,> date type I mean something like:
> #-
> #- The standard library has the time module
> #-
> #-   http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/lib/module-time.html
>
> Yes, but doesn't includes the functionality I'm searching. To make all the
> math I must keep converting from/to seconds, etc.
>

> #- egenix provides a nice datetime library for python with lots of extra
> #- functionality over the time module.
> #-
> #-   http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxDateTime.html
>
> Really a lot. But in my position here where I work, I can't install any
> software.
>
> I'm searching (hope this could be possible) a .py just to import and use it.

If you can use a single .py file, is there any reason why you wouldn't
be able to use a package (which is really just a directory containing an
__init__.py file and optionally some other files)? Some of the eGenix mx
extensions require compilation, I believe, but others don't. You might
be able to download the eGeneix mx.BASE package as a ZIP file
(http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.0.4.zip),
uncompress it to a location on your PYTHONPATH, and do "from mx import
DateTime"...

--
Robin Munn <rmunn at pobox.com>
http://www.rmunn.com/