Python Coredump on FreeBSD

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Mon May 12 13:42:37 EDT 2003

On Mon, 12 May 2003 16:20:08 +0200,
	Harald Schneider <h_schneider at marketmix.com> wrote:
> When I call
> re.compile(.......).search(.....)
> in sequence a few times, then the regular expression module re causes this
> coredump. It's implementation must differ from other platforms. It looks

What is the pattern being compiled, and how large is the string being
searched?  There are patterns that consume a lot of C stack space while
searching.  There's a fixed recursion limit that's intended to prevent core
dumps, and it's possible the recursion limit is set incorrectly for FreeBSD.

--amk                                                    (www.amk.ca)
You lot may die. I expect you will, 'cos you're stupid. Not me, though.
      -- Hob Gadling, in SANDMAN #13: "Men of Good Fortune"