Date type

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Fri May 16 12:16:58 EDT 2003

Batista, Facundo wrote:
> #-     Batista,> I need a "date type" and I can´t find it
> #- anywhere.  With
> #-     Batista,> date type I mean something like:
> #-
> #- The standard library has the time module
> #-
> #-   http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/lib/module-time.html
>
> Yes, but doesn't includes the functionality I'm searching. To make all the
> math I must keep converting from/to seconds, etc.
>

> #- egenix provides a nice datetime library for python with lots of extra
> #- functionality over the time module.
> #-
> #-   http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxDateTime.html
>
> Really a lot. But in my position here where I work, I can't install any
> software.
>
> I'm searching (hope this could be possible) a .py just to import and use it.

FYI, there is an unmaintained pure Python mxDateTime module
egenix-mx-base which you could probably get to work again.
It is called:

mx/DateTime/mxDateTime/mxDateTime_Python.py

To enable it, edit the mx/DateTime/mxDateTime/__init__.py
file. It will probably require a bit of work to get it
up and running again, since it was originally written
for version 1.2 by Drew Csillag.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, May 16 2003)