Retrieving Info From Web W/ Python

Laurence Spector laurence at trdlnk.com
Fri May 9 09:19:23 EDT 2003

I am new to Python, and I noticed there is a geturl() function that gets
the contents of a web address. I am trying to get Python to do this,
except first it has to input a username, password, and then press
log-in. Then it needs to click another link. And finally, print the web
page. How do I get Python to "click" links and input information on the
web in order to get to dynamically generated web pages?

I'd appreciate if anyone has any ideas on how to make such "web macros"
with Python. I assume it uses the CGI module, but the instructions only
seem to indicate how to take data from web pages and create new web
pages that incorporate it. Thanks,

Laurence