C++ share library for python using kdevelop

chrisgu cguilbert at picasso.ucsf.edu
Fri May 16 20:44:03 EDT 2003

Hi everyone,

I try to create a share library for python in C++ using kdevelop.

I create a directory with two files mordorpy.cpp ( C++ share library
which is a module of python) and a Makefile which is the following:
--------------------------------------
SHARED_LIB_OPTIONS = -shared
mordorpy.so: mordorpy.cpp
g++ $(SHARED_LIB_OPTIONS) -o mordorpy.so -I/usr/include/python2.2 \
mordorpy.cpp
-----------------------------

My small example works great and can be build using make within Xterm.

I struggled for one week to put back this project on Kdevelop without
succees.

I could easily link with python's library (-I/usr/include/python2.2) in
kevelop 2.1 , but I had too many trouble to create a share library the
way I wanted and also because compiling/linking with kdevelop 2.1 give a
bunch or errors with the redhat 9.0.

Gideon (kdevelop 3.alpha) where supposed to have a better support for
the creation of a share library, unfortunately I could not find  out how
to link my source to python.

Is anyone can tell me how to do it ??? how to compile ?, to link within
kdevelop ?
Thanks

Chris