HELP needed: Tricks for licensing Python software

sismex01 at hebmex.com sismex01 at hebmex.com
Wed May 28 14:37:46 EDT 2003

I realize you're joking, but others might not catch
the smiley in the mess your post became.

No, I don't support any kind of copy protection, it's
morally wrong, technically a waste of time and effort,
easily overcome, and most twisted of all, all honest
customers end up paying for the development of a tool
which does not help them in any way.

That's downright... dirty.

In no incarnation does copy protection gain my favor.
I use legal agreements, service contracts, maintenance
contracts, on-site training, etc... as a way to keep tabs
on my deployed stuff.

Why?  Because, in my experience, customers appreciate
being pampered, hand-held, etc... so as to maximize the
performance of any tool they're purchasing, and, they're
willing to pay extra for that attention.

<0.1 wink>

-gca
Advertencia:La informacion contenida en este mensaje es confidencial y
restringida, por lo tanto esta destinada unicamente para el uso de la
persona arriba indicada, se le notifica que esta prohibida la difusion de
este mensaje. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, o si hay problemas en
la transmision, favor de comunicarse con el remitente. Gracias.