frozen dylib?

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Fri May 30 07:23:03 EDT 2003

I'm trying to make a frozen dylib with Python-2.2.2 and Darwin 10.2. I
can build Python and it runs just fine, same with freeze ie I can get
frozen executables that work just fine.

I have a big problem with common symbols though when I try to create a
frozen shared library (a dylib) or a  bundle.

I assume I must be using a wrong flag when loading things from
libpython2.2.a or during the compile.

I am using the -fno-common flag during the colmpile of the things that
are going into the frozen dylib, but I don't think that's done in the
libpython2.2.a build.

The freeze objects get
-DBUILD_FREEZE -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -no-cpp-precomp
-fno-common

Anyone have any good ideas?
--
Robin Becker