Bug in 2.3b1?

Steven Taschuk staschuk at telusplanet.net
Mon May 26 03:19:11 EDT 2003

Quoth Oktay Safak:
  [...]
> TypeError: object.__new__(builtin_function_or_method) is not safe, use
> builtin_function_or_method.__new__()

This does seem to be a bug (not new to 2.3, though), under the
assumption that since copy uses the same protocols as pickle,
anything picklable ought to be deepcopyable.  I'm not sure this is
a reasonable assumption.

A glance through the bug reports at SourceForge suggests this is a
new observation; would you like to open a bug report?

Steven Taschuk                               staschuk at telusplanet.net
"What I find most baffling about that song is that it was not a hit."
                                          -- Tony Dylan Davis (CKUA)