Can't start Tix

Frank Frank at no.spam
Thu May 8 04:09:39 EDT 2003

On 8 May 2003 00:28:46 -0700, tebeka at cs.bgu.ac.il (Miki Tebeka) wrote:

>Hello Frank,

>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "<pyshell#2>", line 1, in ?
>>     root=Tix.Tk()
>>   File "C:\PYTHON22\lib\lib-tk\Tix.py", line 213, in __init__
>>     self.tk.eval('package require Tix')
>> TclError: can't find package Tix
>>  ['FixTk', 'Tix', '__builtins__', '__doc__', '__name__']
>> >>>

>I don't think that win32 python comes with Tix.
>Miki.

Tix is described in section 16.2 of the Python Library Reference
2.2.2.  16.2.1 has 3 lines of test code, which fails when I try them;
it also mentions that the tix83.dll should be in the same directory
with the tk83.dll.  I have the Tk source and .dll, but only find the
source for Tix.  /Python22/DLLs has tk83.dll (and others), but not the
.dll for Tix.

I shur would like to know what happened, or what was supposed to
happen.  Did the Lib Ref just get ahead of itself?  The project I'm
working on is being done in Python because of the cross platform
capabilities, so I can't use *nix specific features.
Thanks,
Frank