_tkinter installation problem with Python 2.3b1

Chad Netzer cnetzer at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Mon May 5 16:03:40 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-05-04 at 23:16, Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> danb_83 at yahoo.com (Dan Bishop) writes:
>
> > libtk8.4.so: cannot
> > open shared object file: No such file or directory
> > running build_scripts
> >
> > But the file /usr/local/lib/libtk8.4.so does exist.  What's going on?
>
> It was probably not looking in /usr/local/lib.

But his example seemed to indicate clearly that it should be
(-L/usr/local/lib).

Dan, any updates?  Can you post just the section of Modules/Setup
dealing with tkinter?

Can you do a "file /usr/local/lib/libtk8.4*" and post the results?

--

Chad Netzer
(any opinion expressed is my own and not NASA's or my employer's)