pyro proxy method returns class instance

Irmen de Jong irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl
Tue May 6 14:36:38 EDT 2003

John Hunter wrote:
> I am trying to use a pyro proxy instance to call a method that returns
> an instance of a user defined class

[...]

>     class MyProxy(Pyro.core.ObjBase):
>         def __init__(self):
>             Pyro.core.ObjBase.__init__(self)
>
>         def get_some(self):
>             return SomeClass()

                                 ^^^^^^^^^^
                                 .getProxy()
You forgot to return a *pyro proxy* here.

This is explained in the manual,
http://pyro.sourceforge.net/pyro-manual/7-features.html#rules
rule number thirteen.

Perhaps this isn't clear enough because you're not the first
person to fall into this trap. We're discussing possible
improvements on the Pyro mailing list;
http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/pyro-core

which is also a better place to ask questions about Pyro :-)

Hope this helps,
--Irmen de Jong