beauty and python

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Sun May 18 04:13:04 EDT 2003

rahul garg wrote:

> i was wondering what would happen if i tell a non-enlightened
> girl(i.e. one who has not yet discovered the joys of python
> programming) that she is as beautiful as python.

Well, depending on what circles one moves in, "as beautiful as
[a] python" might work quite well -- some pythons are indeed truly
beautiful, with their decorated skin and flexuous movements.  Used
to be that a girl with tattoos could be presumed to be "into bodyart"
enough to appreciate that (these days, of course, tattoos are SO
prevalent that you can deduce nothing from them -- I've read
estimates that as many as 40% of Italian 20-something young women
have at least SOME tattoo nowadays!).

> (on the other hand think about 'as ugly as perl').

pe[a]rls being invariably thought of as beautiful, I doubt you
could get THAT one across to any non-programmer, though!

Alex