postgresql notifications

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Wed May 28 08:18:42 EDT 2003

[Cc-ed to pypgsql-users - I'd recommend to take this discussion over there]

Witek wrote:
> Gerhard Häring wrote:
>
>>> I'm using pypgsql to connect to postgresql database (7.2, 7.3).
>>> I recieve PgNotify object using notifies() method of connection
>>> object, but it's fields values are random chars and wrong process id.
>>> Is there someone, who put it to work?
>>
>> The pyPgSQL source distribution includes examples for notifications
>> (examples/demo2a.py, examples/demo2b.py).
>> Please report back if you still have problems.
>
> They are not working under Linux or Windows. I tried examples from
> gnumed project as well.

They did certainly work for me last time I checked.

Do you have different versions of the PostgreSQL client library and the
server? If for example you use a 7.3 client and a 7.2 server there might
be some problems ... Just a rough guess of me of course.

-- Gerhard