ZODB without undo (data.fs too big)

Thomas Güttler guettler at thomas-guettler.de
Wed May 28 10:58:25 EDT 2003

Hi!

I load 4.6MB of ASCII data into the ZODB.
After that the data.fs (FileStorage) grows
to 560MB (more than 100 times bigger)

There are several thousand simple documents
which inherit from dict. (Simple key-->value mapping).
The transaction gets commit after 100 documents.

If I search for a string in the data.fs file (with a text editor)
I see that the data seems to be stored several times.

Is there a way to disable versioning and undo support?

If I run analyze.py on the data.fs I see that 83% are
old objects.

In DB.py I see:
   def __init__(self, storage,
                 pool_size=7,
                 cache_size=400,
                 cache_deactivate_after=60,
                 version_pool_size=3,
                 version_cache_size=100,
                 version_cache_deactivate_after=10,
                 ):
Unfortunately there is no documentation for these values.
How should I set the values if I don't want versioning and undo?

  thomas