Python vs VB

vivek kumar gupt_vive at hotmail.com
Mon May 19 04:57:32 EDT 2003

From: Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 06:51:17 GMT

>vivek kumar wrote:

>>For this he also gave me a hint that for this U have to first get the
>>handle for that particular widget and he used some windows API for that.
>>But as I was not a good student in VC++ also, so I don't know what API can
>>be used for that. :-(

>You use EXACTLY the same Windows API for this task from either Basic or
>Python.  It makes no difference which language you're calling the
>appropriate API from.  Thus, it's a silly way to compare two languages.

:-( As I was not a good student in VC++ also, so I don't have any idea of
what API he has used for this.  But I will try to find some API for this
thing in MSDN..

>BTW: to call Windows API's from Python you need Hammond's win32all
>extensions (the standard Python distribution for Windows does not
>include them; you can either get the ActiveState distribution, or get
>the standard distribution, get the win32all extensions separately,
>and install the latter on top of the former).

THX a lot for this. I have a standard Python distro but I have searched for
win32all and have downloaded it. And will try to find out the way to do the
same thing in Python( first how to call a windows API in Python :-).

Regards
Vivek Kumar

Go where the action is. Get MTV Citibank card.
http://server1.msn.co.in/msnleads/citibankcards/mtv.asp It's cool!