Gui Advice Needed: wxPython or PyQT ?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat May 10 07:36:22 EDT 2003

Andrew Henshaw wrote:

> > did you use a version of wxPython distributed *before* Windows
> > XP was released?
> >
> Good question - no.  Although, from my understanding of the underlying
> mechanism, I'd doubt if it made much difference.

did you read the Microsoft article?  the XP style is only supported
by version 6 of the comctl library.  if you don't provide a manifest
file, your application will use version 5, which implements the legacy
style.

if the microsoft note wasn't clear enough, you can learn more here:

    http://delphi.about.com/library/bluc/text/uc111601a.htm

    http://www.heaventools.com/PE_Explorer_resource_XP_Wizard.htm
    (includes 'before' and 'after' pictures)

or, for that matter, in the wxWindows FAQ:

    http://www.wxwindows.org/faqmsw.htm#winxp

</F>