ANN: The first release of Skyron

John Wilson tug at wilson.co.uk
Sun May 4 11:29:39 EDT 2003

Skyron is a Python module which transforms XML documents according to text
files called "recipes".

Skyron recipes are XML documents which identify interesting information in
the XML document being processed and tells Skyron what to do with it.

Skyron can build Python tuples, lists and dictionaries, instantiate
arbitrary Python classes, call arbitrary Python functions and execute Python
statements embedded in the Skyron XML recipe.

Skyron can deal with mixed content in an XML document and can process
documents without needing a schema.

Example recipes are included which show how Skyron can be used to process
XML-RPC calls,  documents containing mixed content and its own recipe file.

This is my first non trivial Python program So I'd be most grateful to get
constructive feedback on the use of Python language features.

John Wilson
The Wilson Partnership
http://www.wilson.co.uk