Python 2.3b1 and PIL 1.1.4b1

Richard rshaw2 at midsouth.rr.com
Mon May 5 14:46:59 EDT 2003

I was using Python 2.2.2 and PIL 1.1.3 just fine to write a GUI image
viewer/editor using Tkinter for the GUI. Now when I try to run it in
the lastest version of both I get an import error for "_imagingtk". I
took a look at the actual files installed and _imagingtk.pyd is
installed for my 2.2.2 install but not for my 2.3b1 install of the
PIL. I took a look at the effbot downloads which has a link for the
contents and it is listed for each version and it is listed for the
2.2 version of PIL but not the 2.3 version.

Am I missing something? Has something been obsoleted that I don't know
about? But it looks like PIL no longer works with Tk.

Richard