A little disappointed so far

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Mon May 19 03:29:08 EDT 2003

Graham Nicholls wrote:

>>>I use autoindent in vim/gvim, but reckon I may need to up the tabs to 4
>>>perhaps.  I've never got on with emacs, though - vi is God's own editor.
>>>(Now I'll really start a flame war!)
>>
>> Don't worry, you've got lots of vi[m] company here -- after all, Python
>> is the scripting language in vim!
> Now thats interesting!

As a fellow [g]vi[m] fanatic I would correct this slightly: Python is
ONE OF the scripting languages in vim (you can compile vim in various
ways to enable/disable various languages' usability for scripting).  vim's
own builtin scripting language is a mess (as is typical of application-
specific extension languages IMHO) but fortunately Molenaar was wise
enough to anticipate that and allow easy scripting from OTHER langs;-).

Alex