Bug in 2.3b1?

Steven Taschuk staschuk at telusplanet.net
Wed May 28 22:19:02 EDT 2003

Quoth Oktay Safak:
> Steven Taschuk wrote:
> > A glance through the bug reports at SourceForge suggests this is a
> > new observation; would you like to open a bug report?
>
> Well, after getting at least one confirmation from a python guru, [...]

Warning!  Not a guru!  Note in particular that I don't know
whether it is correct that all things pickleable should be
copyable, and whether this is a bug may depend on that.

> [...] I'll
> try. I have not done this before so I hope it's not too complicated.

It isn't.  Just be sure to include a short bit of code that
illustrates the problem, and what you think that code ought to do
that it isn't doing.

(Perhaps the simplest example failure is
    >>> import copy
    >>> copy.deepcopy(max)
while
    >>> import pickle
    >>> pickle.loads(pickle.dumps(max))
succeeds.)

Steven Taschuk    staschuk at telusplanet.net
"Tomorrow never happens."  -- Janis Joplin