Next meeting: Tuesday night

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon May 26 11:14:09 EDT 2003

The Python user's group for the Greater Toronto Area will meet at the
usual location (519 Church St.) on Tuesday, May 27, from 8 to 10 pm.

Details are here:

    http://web.engcorp.com/pygta/wiki/NextMeeting

I'm planning an informal presentation about a new tool we've developed
at Kaval, which is a Python-based testing framework for Javascript in
Internet Explorer on Windows.  The combination of Python tools involved
includes:

 - PyUnit (aka standard module unittest, for the tests)

 - win32com (Mark Hammond's amazing library, for ActiveX control of IE)

 - Twisted (for serving test pages locally)

In a nutshell, tests are written in Python in the usual manner, but
the code under test executes within IE, served up from localhost,
under ActiveX control.

-Peter