modules for handling of hexadecimal data ?

dr_mabuse olaf.sperlich at icn.siemens.de
Fri May 9 09:50:35 EDT 2003

ok, next try:

i am working in the telecommunication business and we develop in a language
called CHILL which nobody nows, but it doesnt matter.
now we often get diagnosis outputs in hexadecimal form e.g. 78D00AB6 and we
know this output has to be interpreted with a structured mode e.g.

a_structured_mode = struct (similar to c-struct)
( component_a    a_mode,
  componet_b      b_mode,
  component_c    c_mode);

each component mode itself may also be a more complex mode and all those
modes may also have special allignment options and memory layout options
(LSB-high, LSB-low).

the tool should now read the hex string and read a database for the
mode-layout and generate a symbolic output:

e.g.:

component_a  = RED,
component_b = 468750,
component_c = TRUE