Gui Advice Needed: wxPython or PyQT ?

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Wed May 7 04:16:36 EDT 2003

Kevin Altis wrote:
> SWT. Qt almost certainly suffers the same kinds of problems, but I'm
> willing to be proven wrong.

I do not see what could possibly prove a negative, i.e. that Qt has NO
problems whatsoever.  Clearly, e.g., Adobe must not understand the
consumer market, since it has chosen Qt for its "Photoshop Album"
consumer-oriented application -- the fools, don't they *know* that
consumers just won't stand for that?!

I'm pretty peeved at trolltech recently, for all the effort they're
wasting on their scripting engine (based on *javascript* -- eeek!),
but I think such "shots in the dark" as this "almost certainly" (based,
I gather, upon no experience at all with Qt), and that kicker of
"willing to be proven wrong" (HOW?-), cheer me up by reminding me
of just how good Qt itself is, technically and in terms of market
acceptance in the field.  I do still hope "qt script for applications"
suffers the horrid failure it deserves, mind you, but thankfully
trolltech's successful enough to survive that and keep Qt excellent.

Alex